Text Data Creation
Speech Data Creation
DQF MQM Error Annotation
Training Data Guide
1. These are the general terms and conditions (“terms and conditions”) of TAUS B.V. These terms and conditions apply to the usage of the website, to TAUS subscription and to purchasing and/or using TAUS' products and services. You can download or print these Terms and Conditions for reference purposes.
2. By visiting the TAUS website, purchasing products, using our services or becoming a subscriber of TAUS, you agree to accept, be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions.
3. TAUS is located at the following address:
1483 AB De Rijp
TAUS is registered at the Chamber of Commerce, Register Nr. 37147141.
Any questions about these terms and conditions or complaints about the website or services of TAUS, should be addressed, in writing, to our Management Team at the following address:
4. Any additional terms and conditions you may propose are rejected, unless agreed otherwise in writing.
5. TAUS reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. TAUS therefore recommends that you review these terms and conditions from time to time, or before making a transaction.
6. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Netherlands. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions must be dealt with under the jurisdiction of the courts of the Netherlands.
7. All orders and applications must be either mailed or emailed. Orders can be paid online through PayPal, using VISA, and Eurocard/Mastercard. Orders can also be paid by bank transfer. VISA, and Eurocard/MasterCard credit cards are accepted for payments in EUR only. Bank transfer payments must include an invoice reference number or registration code reference. Bank charges must be paid by the customer.
7.1 TAUS reserves the right to request credit card guarantees from customers who require TAUS services but have not yet settled their invoice/s. Customers must agree to TAUS’s payment conditions on Credit Card Guarantee forms. TAUS will inform customers before charging the credit card.
8. Once TAUS has received your order form, you should receive confirmation of receipt by email within 24 hours (Mon-Fri). If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt from TAUS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. All prices stated on the TAUS website are in EUR and include handling and delivery as applicable. All prices are excluding VAT (Value Added Tax).
10. Event registrations are exempt from VAT, providing they are held outside the Netherlands. VAT is levied at 21%, if applicable. All customers within the Netherlands will be charged VAT. Customers within the European Union will also be charged VAT, unless their company VAT number is provided. All customers outside of the European Union are exempt from VAT.
12. All payments must be made in EUR or as otherwise specified. Pre-payment is required on all data orders before they can be downloaded. All other payments should be made within 30 days of the invoice issue date.
13. The TAUS Subscription fee is an annual fee and can be renewed each year. The rates are available on our website at www.taus.net. Dutch VAT is not payable if you provide your company VAT number or if you reside outside of the European Union. However, VAT is charged at 21% on applications originating from within The Netherlands.
14. Payments for renewal of subscription need to be made at least one week before the subscription expires. Subscribers who need to make changes in their subscription level need to inform TAUS no later than one month before their subscription expires.
15. TAUS reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond TAUS’s reasonable control. TAUS will not accept liability for any losses and/or damages participants may suffer on account of any alteration or cancellation. Participants and guests are advised to arrange adequate travel and health insurance prior to the event.
16. You may request a refund/partial refund on a conference and /or workshop registration fee, by sending your cancellation request in writing to TAUS.
17. An administration charge of €100 is applied to all cancellations. Four weeks before: 100% refund (minus admin charge); Three weeks before: 75% refund (minus admin charge); Two weeks before: 50% refund (minus admin charge); One week before: no refund. In case of ‘force majeure’ TAUS may reschedule an event and registrants will receive a full refund minus administration charge of €100.
18. To register for a TAUS event, you must agree to TAUS' Terms and Conditions. Cancellations, No Shows and Termination. Customers must agree to the cancellation policy for the event in question.
TAUS respects the privacy of the visitors to its Website and of the Users of TAUS Services. Due care will be exercised when processing Users’ data. TAUS has put in place measures and controls to address the requirements of applicable personal data protection laws. Nevertheless, you must realize that the Website and other services depend on the Internet and that 100% protection of data accessible via the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
TAUS Website: refers to all publicly available pages on the website with URL https://www.taus.net and actions that can be performed through it, such as creating a personal account or registering for TAUS Events, Courses or Newsletters.
User: refers to a party or an individual who visits TAUS Website, uses TAUS Services or is the provider of the Language data - translation as commissioned by the Instructor.
Instructor: the party that commissions the translation.
What kind of personal data does TAUS collect?
Why and how does TAUS collect and use your personal data?
How does TAUS store and to whom it may provide personal data?
How does TAUS protect your personal data?
How long is the personal data retained for?
How can you control the personal data that you have provided to TAUS?
Who can you contact for questions regarding the protection of personal data?
TAUS collects personal data which is provided on a voluntary basis when you use TAUS Services. The personal data may, amongst other things, include: your name, email address, your street address and country of residence.
TAUS also collects language and metadata as explained in the next paragraph.
TAUS uses data collected from Users of the TAUS Website and TAUS Services for the purposes of providing the service that the User subscribed for, statistical analysis, research and the provision of metrics and reports on associated translations.
Metadata (i.e. data associated with the language data, such as information indicating the language pair and other pertinent information about the relevant source / target pair) may qualify as personal data pertaining to the individual that made a translation and used the TAUS service. Such data will be processed in accordance with the terms as agreed to between the User and TAUS. TAUS may share metadata with specific parties if the User has given its consent. In other cases, TAUS will only include metadata in its information products that are aggregated or otherwise pseudonymized and can hence not be related to identified or identifiable individuals without having access to additional data sources or using disproportionate efforts.
Other data that are provided to TAUS via the Website (for instance information in web forms submitted to TAUS) will only be used by TAUS for the purpose for which the data is provided and for quality research and statistical analysis if and to the extent this does not interfere with the rights of the individuals involved.
TAUS saves information provided by Users in the course of their use of the TAUS service in a database. TAUS has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect this database against loss or unlawful access of data.
All personal data that TAUS collects is transferred, processed and stored on servers worldwide at the TAUS hosted service provider company - AWS. TAUS will ensure that it satisfies all requirements under data protection laws applicable to it, necessary for lawful exchange between TAUS and its service providers that are involved in the processing of personal data. To this end, TAUS will enter into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with the U.S. based data processors used by it, or verify that such processors can lawfully exchange personal data with TAUS on the basis of an EU US Privacy Shield Certification or Binding Corporate Rules. The AWS GDPR DPA includes EU Model Clauses, which were approved by the European Union (EU) data protection authorities, known as the Article 29 Working Party.
TAUS makes use of third-party service providers, to support the seamless delivery of its services. TAUS only discloses personal data to service providers where the disclosure is absolutely necessary to provide the services that our Users request. TAUS will not sell any kind of personal data.
This is a list of our integrations with third parties:
Amazon Web Services – cloud service provider
HubSpot – marketing and analytics services
Mailchimp – email marketing services
PayPal – cloud-based payment services
Stripe – credit card payment services
The Website may contain references (such as hyperlinks, banners or buttons) to other websites. This does not mean that TAUS is related to these other websites or the owners thereof. TAUS is therefore not responsible for compliance with the privacy legislation by these third parties.
TAUS ensures that adequate technical and organizational measures are taken to secure your personal data against loss or any unlawful processing. The TAUS IT environment has been implemented with IT security and data protection as the highest priority. Our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon Web Services which is fully GDPR compliant. Technical measures taken by TAUS include the use of user identification and/or continuous logging and two-factor authentication.
Access to the TAUS platform member area and all other online services and repositories of TAUS that contain customer data (personal and non-personal data) is password protected. TAUS is using the user identification details (which contain email and passwords which Users provide when they subscribe) for authentication purposes. Those user identification details are encrypted and encoded. All personal data transmissions are encrypted and data is stored behind a dedicated firewall which ensures high levels of security without compromising site performance.
Online registration is also performed with an HTTPS encrypted connection. Online payment is through PayPal and Stripe secure payment services.
TAUS will keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interest or where otherwise required by law.
Website data will be deleted as soon as such data are no longer required; and will also be deleted on the individual's request;
Language Data and Metadata is collected and stored on the basis of a specific contractual arrangement with the individual user that provided the data and the party that commissioned the translation in question ("the Instructor");
Language Data is retained and deleted as per the agreement between TAUS and the Instructor.
Reports issued to and / or generated by an Instructor may contain personal data. Such reports are retained for the term of the agreement between TAUS and the Instructor. If TAUS deletes reports following the termination of the underlying agreement or a request from the Instructor it will delete or pseudonymize the associated Metadata so as to ensure that any data of TAUS is no longer linked to the individuals the data used to be associated with.
Under the terms of the applicable data protection rules and legislation you are entitled to access and, if necessary, correct or delete your personal data. For clarity, this does not include Language Data (which is no personal data).
To this end you may access, correct or delete your personal data in My Account section of MyTAUS on the Website or, alternatively, address a request for such access, correction, deletion and/or objection to TAUS at the following address: Oosteinde 9 (1483 AB), De Rijp, the Netherlands, or by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com).
J.D. van der Meer
What is a cookie?
How are cookies used and how do they benefit you?
Types of cookies we use
What are your choices?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your computer browser from a website's computer and is stored on your computer, if your browser’s settings allow so. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies associated with that particular website, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You have the opportunity to set your web browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Please note that not accepting cookies may affect your ability to access certain parts of our website.
In short, our cookies help us:
Make our website work as you would expect
Determine if you are logged in or not
Remember your settings during and between visits and save you having to login every time you visit the site
Improve the speed/security of the site
Allow you to add comments and share pages with social networks like Facebook
Continuously improve our website for you
Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
Collect any personally identifiable information (without your explicit permission)
Collect any sensitive information (without your explicit permission)
Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Functional cookies. These cookies are necessary for enabling core website functionalities such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, so they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies. They allow you to easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter through the sharing buttons included on our site.
Cookies are set by:
AddThis - provide us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
If you have concerns relating to the usage of Google Analytics, you can block it by installing a plug-in to your browser. A plug-in for the most common browsers can be found here.
To opt out of Google ads personalization and manage the ads you see, you can use Ad settings. Please note that even if you opt out of ads personalization, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type, and your search terms.
You can also view and update your Facebook preferences at any point in time.
Have an account?