Post-editing Course for Project Managers
With the exponential growth of machine translation, the demand for related services has been growing accordingly, at a pace that challenges translation industry players to meet the intricacies such services entail.
The TAUS online course of post-editing for project managers is designed to help post-editing service vendors meet demand. This course is therefore designed for a wide audience within the translation industry, including, but not exclusively for:
- Localization Managers;
- Localization Project Managers;
- Lead Localizers interested in broadening their skillset;
- QA Managers;
- Teachers and researchers who are involved in translation training and/or education;
- Anyone who is interested in translation automation.
The course will address the challenges for project managers that are assigned a post-editing project to run, starting with background information on machine translation and post-editing, and information on industry facts and trends. The course is then prepared for helping participants:
- Understand the implications in using machine translation
- Improve productivity and increase speed and ease of translation
- Learn to setup, run and manage post-editing projects.
At the end of the course, participants will receive the TAUS Certificate & Stamp.
The curriculum consists of three modules, for approximately an hour of self-study each, at the participant’s own pace.
Module 1: Rationale
- Reasons and motives underlying the decision to make use of machine translation;
- Possible usage of MT;
- Typical errors engines make and users can encounter;
- Methods to estimate the post-editing effort.
Module 2: Setup of a post-editing project
- Requirements definition;
- Compensation of editors;
- Selection and training of editors;
- Drafting of post-editing instructions.
Module 3: Execution of a post-editing project
- Sampling MT outputs;
- Quality, scheduling, and payment assessments;
- Data preparation.
For the full understanding of topics and maximum effectiveness, participants with no basic knowledge are advised to take all modules in sequence starting with the first, after taking the introductory TAUS Post-editing Course.
Program fees include training and program materials. The fee stated below is excluding applicable taxes (varies on your country of residence).
Finished the course? Request your certificate here.
The ideal companion of the TAUS P4PM online course designed to help post-editing service vendors meet demand by addressing the challenges for project managers that are assigned a post-editing project to run. The companion guide includes a coupon code for a 20% discount on the online PE4PM course.
Available on Lulu.com in the following languages (more to come):