Title: Back-end Infrastructure Developer (this position is filled)
TAUS is making a transition from an industry think tank to a resource center providing support to a global audience of tens of thousands of translation agencies and companies, global corporations and smaller companies as well as government organizations and institutions buying translation services and technologies. TAUS industry-shared services include knowledge bases, reports, news, publications, tutorials, online (SaaS) tools for translation quality evaluation, QE reporting, translation memory data.
The Back-end Infrastructure Developer will join a small team that is responsible for the development and support of new features on the TAUS Dynamic Quality Framework, TAUS Academy and the TAUS Data platform.
- Help developing the TAUS Dynamic Quality Framework
- Help developing the data sharing platform TAUS Data
- Working on the European Commission funded project Modern Machine Translation.
- Fluent in English and in at least one other language
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills
- Continuous learner and disciplined worker
- Inspired to work in fast-paced, nimble business environments
- Reliable, hardworking and a team player
- Passionate about finding the best solution for the end user
- Experience with full stack web development, including front- and back-end implementation, relational database design, RESTful APIs, and basic Linux administration
- A bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience in information retrieval is a plus
- Localization experience is a plus!
The Back-end Infrastructure Developer works closely with the other TAUS Software Engineers and the Product Managers as well as with the content creators. The Back-end Infrastructure Developer reports to the Director of Research & Development, who is based in Washington DC.
The job will be performed in the Amsterdam office of TAUS on the Keizersgracht 74.