1. These are the general terms and conditions (“terms and conditions”) of TAUS B.V. These terms and conditions apply to the usage of the website, to TAUS membership and to purchasing and/or using TAUS' products and services. You can download or print these Terms and Conditions for reference purposes.
2. By visiting the TAUS website, purchasing products, using our services or becoming a member of TAUS, you agree to accept, be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions.
3. TAUS is located at the following address:
1483 AB De Rijp
TAUS is registered at the Chamber of Commerce, Register Nr. 37147141.
Any questions about these terms and conditions or complaints about the website or services of TAUS, should be addressed, in writing, to our Management Team at the following address:
1483 AB De Rijp
4. Any additional terms and conditions you may propose are rejected, unless agreed otherwise in writing.
5. TAUS reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. TAUS therefore recommends that you review these terms and conditions from time to time, or before making a transaction.
6. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Netherlands. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions must be dealt with under the jurisdiction of the courts of the Netherlands.
ORDERS AND PURCHASES
7. All orders and applications must be either faxed, mailed or emailed. Orders can be paid online through Paysquare, using VISA, and Eurocard/Mastercard. Paysquare will confirm your transaction by email. Orders can also be paid by bank transfer. VISA, and Eurocard/MasterCard credit cards are accepted for payments in EUR only. Bank transfer payments must include an invoice reference number or registration code reference. Bank charges must be paid by the customer.
7.1 TAUS reserves the right to request credit card guarantees from customers who require TAUS services but have not yet settled their invoice/s. Customers must agree to TAUS’s payment conditions on Credit Card Guarantee forms. TAUS will inform customers before charging the credit card.
9. All prices stated on the TAUS website are in EUR and include handling and delivery as applicable. All prices are excluding VAT (Value Added Tax).
10. Event registrations are exempt from VAT, providing they are held outside the Netherlands. VAT is levied at 6% on TAUS reports, and at 21% on all other products. VAT is levied at 21% on membership fees, if applicable. All customers within the Netherlands will be charged VAT. Customers within the European Union will also be charged VAT, unless their company VAT number is provided. All customers outside of the European Union are exempt from VAT.
11. Fully paid up TAUS Members receive reduced rates on all TAUS event registration fees.
12. All payments must be made in EUR or as otherwise specified. Pre-payment is required on all publication orders before they can be downloaded. All other payments should be made within 30 days of the invoice issue date.
PRODUCTS IN PRINT
13. To ensure secure and prompt delivery, product orders will be delivered by registered priority mail only.
14. Products are packed in a manner which reasonably assures that they are protected against damage and deterioration. Products are delivered to the address you provide on the Checkout Form as your "delivery address". Any inaccuracies or incompleteness in this address is at your own risk.
15. You may, without giving any reason, return products sold by TAUS within 7 days of receipt for a full refund. TAUS will not pay for the return shipping costs. TAUS will not refund or accept products that are returned more than 7 days after receipt.
16. If the product(s) you have purchased from TAUS are damaged during delivery, you may return the product(s) within 30 days of receipt for a full refund or replacement product(s). TAUS will only pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of an error of TAUS. TAUS will not refund or accept products that are returned more than 30 days after receipt.
17. In addition to article 15 and 16 these terms and conditions, TAUS cannot refund and accept returns if:
• products are not in their original condition and in their original packaging.
• products are damaged, other than during delivery, or are missing parts
• publications are in electronic format
18. TAUS reserves the right to refuse you as a (new) member, if the TAUS Advisory Board deems you/ your company to be contrary to the interest of TAUS as a whole, its members, and users in general.
Fees and Conditions
19. The TAUS Membership fee is an annual rate and can be renewed each year. The rates are available on our website at www.taus.net under JOIN TAUS. Dutch VAT is not payable if you provide your company VAT number or if you reside outside of the European Union. However, VAT is charged at 21% on applications originating from within The Netherlands.
20. The TAUS Membership fees are determined by the size of the member organization by number of employees. Companies applying for TAUS membership and renewing their membership agree to select the membership level that is in accordance with their total number of employees. The total number of employees refers to the member’s holding company including all the subsidiaries. The membership levels and according numbers of employees are different for buyers and providers of translation and are published in the Membership Program and under Join TAUS on the TAUS web site.
21. Payments for renewal of membership need to be made at least one week before the membership expires. Members who need to make changes in their membership level due to a change in the size of their organization need to inform TAUS no later than one month before their membership expires.
22. TAUS reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond TAUS’s reasonable control. TAUS will not accept liability for any losses and/or damages participants may suffer on account of any alteration or cancellation. Participants and guests are advised to arrange adequate travel and health insurance prior to the event.
23. You may request a refund/partial refund on a conference and /or workshop registration fee, by sending your cancellation request in writing to TAUS.
24. An administration charge of €100 is applied to all cancellations. Four weeks before: 100% refund (minus admin charge); Three weeks before: 75% refund (minus admin charge); Two weeks before: 50% refund (minus admin charge); One week before: no refund. In case of ‘force majeure’ TAUS may reschedule an event and registrants will receive a full refund minus administration charge of €100.
25. To register for a TAUS event, you must agree to TAUS' Terms and Conditions. Cancellations, No Shows and Termination. Customers must agree to the cancellation policy for the event in question.
26. TAUS endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the TAUS Directories (“the Directories”), which is compiled from information supplied by the companies listed. TAUS cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or omissions in the information concerning members or company entries in the Tracker.
27. TAUS reserves the right to amend text in the Directories, without prior notification, which may undermine the integrity of TAUS or the Directories.
28. The listing companies are solely responsible for the truthfulness and accuracy of the information submitted. Submitting false or misleading information may result in the withdrawal of your company listing from the Directories. You will indemnify TAUS for any damage, including claims from third parties, which result from submitting false or misleading information.