Title: Head of Marketing and Communications
TAUS is a think tank and resource center for the global translation industries. We develop communities through a program of events and online user groups and by sharing knowledge, metrics and data that help all stakeholders in the translation industry develop a better service.
The shared knowledge helps TAUS members decide on effective localization strategies. Shared metrics support more efficient processes and the normalization of quality evaluation. Shared data leads to improved translation automation.
TAUS develops APIs that give members access to services like DQF, the Quality Dashboard and the TAUS Data Cloud through their own translation platforms and tools. TAUS metrics and data are already built into most of the major translation technologies.
TAUS is looking for a Head of Marketing who will take responsibility for driving global adoption of our Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF). DQF is already built into most of the leading translation technologies and is well positioned to serve as a data aggregation platform for the global translation industry.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for the TAUS brand, products, plugins and APIs
- Drive the commercialization of the TAUS technology platform
- Manage the development roadmap for the website
- Identify new trends and opportunities in marketing
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting all marketing functions is in place and appropriate processes and responsibilities exist across TAUS to manage the marketing activities effectively and efficiently
- Establish solid co-marketing agreements with technology partners
- Manage relationships and create new programs for influencers, representatives, and ambassadors
- Provide effective support to the commercial areas of TAUS both in terms of communication and lead generation
- Identify the business KPIs for TAUS and manage the regular business reporting
- Lead, manage and motivate the small TAUS marketing team, ensuring that there are the right skills and competencies in the right roles to deliver on the marketing plan
- Manage press releases and public relations
- MA degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Development or other relevant areas
- 7-10 years experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Taking ownership and driving results, being goal-oriented
- Commercial and strategic thinker with vision, leadership, passion, and demonstrable communication and decision-making skills
- High level of experience in marketing communications with demonstrated success, preferably in the B2B sector
- Solid knowledge of the localization industry (markets and players)
- In-depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties
- Strong relationship management skills
Location & Reporting
The job is a full-time position and will be performed in the Amsterdam office of TAUS on the Keizersgracht 74.
The Head of Marketing and Communications reports to the Director of TAUS and manages a small team, consisting of a TAUS front-end engineer, who is assigned full-time to the TAUS web site, and a TAUS Content Marketing Manager (this is a new position that is also vacant at the moment).