Title: Community Development Manager (this position is filled)
TAUS is making a transition from an industry think tank to a resource center providing support to a global audience of tens of thousands of translation agencies and companies, global corporations and smaller companies as well as government organizations and institutions buying translation services and technologies. TAUS industry-shared services include knowledge bases, reports, news, publications, tutorials, online (SaaS) tools for translation quality evaluation, QE reporting, translation memory data.
We believe the best user experience happens when users and members of TAUS don’t have to contact the member services team. The main objective of our member services team is to enable users to help themselves and each other through our community and with discoverable trusted content which is developed and managed by this team.
Working closely with the member services team, engineers and product managers (currently eight people), the Community Development Manager will be responsible for growing the TAUS community of members and users through an effective program of digital marketing and communications. The Community Development Manager will foster active peer-to-peer engagement between TAUS members and users to deepen the community value.
- Community Management
- Manage online communities through strategic planning, campaign execution and real-time responsiveness
- Oversee the strategy and execution of new features and innovative programs that engage and grow member and user community
- Set and measure community development and community engagement goals
- Create interactive programs and events (e.g. Google Hangout, forum chat) to facilitate member conversations
- Identify, manage relationships and create new programs for influencers and ambassadors
- Active participation in the social space - blog, twitter, published articles, etc.
- Develop and lead proactive out-reach programs that drive greater adoption of new features and optimization of current customer implementations
- Member and User Group Webinars
- Plan and host regular webinars for the different stakeholder groups to inform them about new TAUS services
- Assist the product managers with the preparation and hosting of User Group meetings
- Diligent follow-up on webinars and User Group meetings
- Coordinate with external reporters and journalists and with members and users who want to write articles and publish them on the TAUS web site
- Write posts, articles, reviews and minutes of webinars and User Group meetings
- Assist the team with research, surveys and report writing and editing
- Prospecting members in the global translation sector as well as in new vertical industries.
- Invite and engage new members and new users through effective campaigns and digital marketing actions.
- Set up online meetings with new members and users and prospective members to introduce them to the TAUS shared industry services
- Fluent in English and in at least one other language
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills
- Continuous learner and disciplined worker and
- Passionate about language and experience working in the translation industry
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field preferred
- Inspired to work in fast-paced, nimble business environments
- Experience with Joomla and with community and forum management software components
- Knowledge of social networks and how to utilize for business
- Understanding of SEO and familiarity with web development technologies
The Community Development Manager will be given clear and measurable goals to grow TAUS membership and increase the activity of users on the TAUS web sites.
The Community Development Manager works closely with the TAUS member services and event management as well as with the engineers and content creators. S/he reports to the Director of TAUS.
The job will be performed in the Amsterdam office of TAUS on the Keizersgracht 74.