Title: Front-end Web Developer (this position is filled)
TAUS is making a transition from an industry think tank to a resource center providing support to a global audience of tens of thousands of translation agencies and companies, global corporations and smaller companies as well as government organizations and institutions buying translation services and technologies. TAUS industry-shared services include knowledge bases, reports, news, publications, tutorials, online (SaaS) tools for translation quality evaluation, QE reporting, translation memory data.
The Front-end Web Developer will join a small team that is responsible for the development and support of new features on the TAUS Dynamic Quality Framework, TAUS Academy and the TAUS Data platform.
- Web development for taus.net and its associated web properties:
- TAUS Dynamic Quality Framework
- TAUS Academy
- TAUS Data
- Fluent in English and in at least one other language
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills
- Continuous learner and disciplined worker
- Inspired to work in fast-paced, nimble business environments
- Reliable, hardworking and a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about finding the best solution for the end user
- Understanding of web metrics and SEO
- Experience in web design and usability
- In-depth knowledge of web development technologies
- Experience with web development, development of RESTful APIs and report and chart generation
- Familiarity with project management systems like github and JIRA
- Experience with back-end development and relational database design is a plus
- Localization experience is a plus
The Front-end Web Developer works closely with the other TAUS Software Engineers and the Product Managers as well as with the content creators. The Front-end Web Developer reports to the Director of Research & Development, who is based in Washington DC.
The job will be performed in the Amsterdam office of TAUS on the Keizersgracht 74.