TAUS was established in January 2005. The founding members were large IT companies and the focus was on translation automation. The organization evolved from a think tank to a rich platform for community collaboration, translation data sharing and pooling and quality evaluation. TAUS has spearheaded important innovations in the global translation industry, such as machine translation, community translation, data sharing, post-editing best practices and new dynamic quality metrics. The Data Cloud and the Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF) are offered through open APIs.
Today TAUS counts around 150 members across several industries and spread over large enterprises, global and regional service providers, technology companies, government organizations, and universities.
Members of TAUS will connect with people and industry, and acquire knowledge and data. Membership is offered at different levels suited to the needs of large enterprises, government agencies, medium-sized and small companies and independent professionals.
The benefits range from assessing strategies, learning and adopting new technologies, using TAUS DQF for quality and productivity tracking and benchmarking, acquiring data for training of MT engines, acquiring business intelligence to networking with peers in the industry.
Profits from TAUS membership translate into substantial returns on the annual fees.
- TAUS open APIs for data search, data integration, industry-standard quality evaluation and productivity and efficiency tracking
- TAUS Quality Dashboard for translation quality measurement and benchmarking
- TAUS DQF plugins for SDL WorldServer, SDL TMS, TRADOS Studio, XTM and many more translation technologies
- TAUS Data Cloud, the TAUS translation data repository now exceeding 70 billion words in more than 2,200 language pairs and continuing to grow with improved data services
- TAUS Academy with a wealth of knowledge, online courses, reports, and directories of post-editors and technologies
- TAUS Consulting, advisory services offered by TAUS to help companies solve translation quality management problems or capitalize on translation data
- TAUS User Groups to learn and share knowledge and insights, to benchmark and to work together to drive adoption of best practices and sharing of metrics
- TAUS Events in Europe, the United States, and Asia