TAUS Quality Dashboard
The Quality Dashboard is an industry-shared platform which visualizes translation quality and productivity data in a flexible reporting environment. Both internal and external benchmarking is supported, offering the possibility to monitor your own development and compare your results to industry averages.
Translation quality is a pressing theme in the translation industry. The diversification in content types and rapid adoption of translation technologies (including machine translation) drives the need for more dynamic and reliable methods of quality evaluation.
In order to meet this demand, TAUS developed the Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF), a comprehensive set of tools, best practices, metrics, reports and data to help the industry set benchmarking standards.
The vision behind DQF is to standardize the methods and tools for quality evaluation, aggregate the scores and measurements and make these available as industry-shared metrics.
The Quality Dashboard delivers on this vision as an industry collaborative platform for the global translation services sector, helping all stakeholders – translation buyers and providers, technology developers and translators – to get deeper insights in the processes and the technologies.
Through an open API that connects their translation tools and workflow systems with DQF, translators and project, vendor and quality managers can track and benchmark the quality, productivity and efficiency of translation.
The translation industry
DQF is an industry collaborative program that elevates the discussion about quality to an industry level. The resulting benefits on an industry scale are:
- Increased credibility of the quality assurance function and process throughout the industry. This will improve the image of the industry in general and attract more customers, allowing the translation sector to grow faster.
- Lower average costs for all translation operators as a result of the shared investments in resources and tools.
- Increased satisfaction with both vendors and clients thanks to standard metrics.
As a user of DQF and the Quality Dashboard you can benefit from this industry collaborative program in multiple ways:
- Sharing knowledge and standard references. Stepping away from the rigid outdated error typology review as the only way to measure translation quality, each individual translation operator does not have to research new methods on his own. Referring to common methods and best practices avoids confusion and disputes and ensures consistency.
- Reduced costs. Sharing resources, tools and knowledge allows each individual stakeholder to reduce the costs of overhead in quality research and tool development.
- Increased efficiency. Agreed best practices and shared tools and metrics reduce friction in each client-vendor relationship and make it easier to collaborate in a multi-vendor environment.
- Increased flexibility. Industry consensus and benchmarking on quality evaluation methods and scores allow for a more flexible use of more efficient and less costly methods of quality evaluation.